For gaming, high-end devices have always been the top choice. But while the top-of-the-line is still where it's at, there are still some great budget phones out there that can handle games just as well. This list of 5 best budget gaming phones under 10k allows you to play games reliably on the go without breaking the bank.
Top 5 Best Gaming Phones Under ₱10k
Want to buy a budget gaming phone in the Philippines? Here are our top picks for the best gaming phones under 10k.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 11
The newest member of the Redmi Note series, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 11, represents the company's conception of affordable elegance. It has the exterior of a flagship phone, but its internals are made of inexpensive components.
This 6.43-inch phone sports a 90Hz AMOLED display and a quad-camera array on its rear. The Qualcomm Snapdragon 680 mid-range chipset powers the device with its 6GB RAM. Although it lacks 5G, it is IP53 protected and has a sizable 5,000mAh battery.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 certainly has a lot of value to offer based on the specifications. You can get this budget smartphone starting at ₱8,999 from retail establishments and online stores.
- 90Hz, good color accuracy, superb AMOLED screen
- Long-lasting battery with quick 33W charging
- Powerful stereo speakers with excellent audio
- The implementation of MIUI 13 relies mostly on new features and is based on Android 11.
- No 5G support
In the Philippine smartphone market, Infinix Note 12 G96 is gaining much traction. This is because it is not only very affordable but also has some incredible features.
Oppo A57 boasts a 6.56-inch HD+ display, an octa-core MediaTek MT6765G Helio G35 chipset, a PowerVR GE8320 GPU, 64 GB of internal storage, and 4 GB of RAM. It’s powered by a 5000 mAh Li-Po battery and displays colors beautifully thanks to its LCD IPS panel.
The Oppo A57 starts at ₱8,999 in the Philippines, making it a top choice for gaming phones under 10k.
- Latest Android 12 OS
- Bright 6.56-inch LCD HD+ screen
- Excellent battery life
- Average front camera
- No Gorilla Glass protection
Xiaomi POCO M4 Pro 5G
Xiaomi’s Poco M4 Pro 5G is a fantastic option if you want an affordable gaming device. Its 6.6-inch IPS LCD panel has a 1080p resolution and an adjustable 90Hz refresh rate.
Poco M4 Pro 5G uses the Dimensity 810 chipset, which performs superbly and lets you run any game at its maximum settings. The device's 3GB of expandable RAM will also improve gaming performance.
It includes a sizable 5,000mAh battery that can charge at a significantly faster 33W rate. Xiaomi guarantees a full charge in 59 minutes.
There is no doubt that Poco M4 Pro 5G is a top-notch smartphone. Starting at ₱8,990, it's a versatile device that delivers what it promised—enough for it to be one of the best choices for gaming phones under 10k.
- Sizable LCD panel running at 90 Hz with great contrast
- Excellent battery life and quick charging
- Adequate stereo speaker volume
- Consistent performance without throttling
- No observable performance improvements since the Poco M3 Pro 5G
- The 90Hz screen might strain the GPU. Higher the refresh means higher the frame rate and workload, which might be a big ask for its Mali-G57 MC2.
Samsung Galaxy A13
The Samsung Galaxy A13 is worth your attention if you don't want to spend more money on a more expensive handset from Samsung.
One of the most recent entry-level smartphones to join the Galaxy A family is the Galaxy A13. Since it still rests above the Galaxy A03, it isn't the lowest member of the Galaxy A series.
Samsung Galaxy A13 features a 6.6-inch display and 1080p resolution, equating to 400 PPI density. Although its Exynos 850 processor isn't the fastest chipset available, it is highly power-efficient thanks to its 8nm process. It also features a large 5,000 mAh battery that is enough for gaming.
Overall, the Samsung Galaxy A13, which costs ₱9,990, is easy to like with its comparably great performance, generous battery life, and long update support.
- Sizable screen with optimal brightness and contrast
- Excellent battery life
- Latest Android 12 and a strong, feature-rich One UI Core
- Software support for the long term
- The unibody contains soft plastic that is susceptible to flaws and scratches.
- Single speaker with generally poor quality
- Slow charging
Realme Narzo 50
Realme's success in the mid-range market is fairly evident with its newest smartphone—the Narzo 50. With its extensive feature set, the Realme Narzo 50 can surely elevate your gaming experience.
Realme Narzo 50 is a budget gaming smartphone with a 6.6-inch FHD+ screen and a refresh rate of 120 Hz. It is powered by a MediaTek Helio G96 chipset, Android 11 OS, the realme UI, and up to 11GB of dynamic RAM. Additional features include 4G LTE connectivity, a side-mounted fingerprint scanner, and expandable storage options of 64GB or 128 GB.
The gadget is also powered by a sizable 5000mAh battery that supports 33W Dart Charging, allowing you to quickly charge your device. With a current price of ₱8,990, the Realme Narzo 50 is a truly superb choice for gaming phones under 10k in the Philippines.
- Large 120Hz LCD
- Suitable performance
- 5,000mAh battery with 33W dart charging technology
- 3.5mm jack, microSD, and dual SIM
- Lacking stereo speakers
- No ultrawide angle lens
What to Consider When Buying Gaming Phones Under 10k?
Whenever you're shopping for a gaming phone under 10k, keep the following things in mind:
- High-quality graphics on a large screen. Choose the appropriate screen size and display resolution for your needs. This way, you'll have an engaging gaming experience. Phones produce vivid and clear color displays using cutting-edge display technology like AMOLED.
- Good chipset. A good processor will provide you with a smoother, quicker performance. It's common knowledge that MediaTek and Qualcomm are the finest chip companies for gaming.
- Powerful battery. Choose a phone with better battery life. Powerful and durable batteries are those with a capacity of at least 4000mAH. While you're at it, think about buying a phone with quick charging capabilities. You won't have to wait long to pick up where you left off with your game.
- Enough Storage. Consider a device with enough internal storage and RAM to load different apps. While the recommended amount of RAM is 8GB since it will prevent lags, 6GB isn't a bad deal.
If you're on a budget and are looking for a phone that can play games decently, you will likely find what you're looking for with one of the gaming phones under 10k listed here. The devices we've listed here are by no means expensive, but they still pack considerable power and can help you to play all your games without running into performance issues.
But if you still haven't found the best gaming phone under 10k and want to save big, you can also look into second-hand devices. You can get the latest-gen high-end devices at almost half the price but with all of their features intact.
Here at CompAsia, you have access to certified pre-owned devices you can purchase for as low as ₱5,450. These second hand phones come with up to 12 months' warranty. You also get the assurance that the devices are in great condition because they went under a 32-step quality check. Browse our selection today!